OMG.  I can't believe it's June already.  The older I get the faster time goes and the less I seem to do.

Sleeping has become one of my favorite pastimes and some nights are better than others.

The other morning I had my alarm set really early because I had a meeting and needed to be ON TIME!!  Hate when that happens but that's a whole other rant.  People that show up for appts anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes early….  Not going there.

So, my alarm goes off and I don’t want to wake up Scott that early.  I usually turn it off right away, hop out of bed with a smile on my face singing a song but this day I couldn't do it.   My arm was completely numb.  So I flop over and try to grab my phone.  I yank the cord out of the wall and the phone falls under the bed.  I then roll on the floor (literally) to find the phone.  Meanwhile my right arm is somewhere else and I can't find it.   By this time my alarm is getting LOUDER AND LOUDER and I want to shut it off but I need my fingerprint to do it.  You guessed it.  My middle finger on my right hand.  So as I'm laying on the floor, I take my left hand, lift my right arm with it and force my middle finger on the screen to open it.   All I could think about was all the crime shows I watch and how ‘the killer’ would have lopped off my finger to use my print.  Again, another reason I may not sleep well. 



 

Also got to FINALLY go celebrate the Kentucky Derby weekend.  For me it's all about the new hat, the new dress, fancy shoes, a new purse and having fun.  This year we went to Canterbury Downs in Shakopee, MN and went all out.  VIP tickets, betting, drinks, finger foods and meeting new people.   I honestly didn't know what to expect but it was over the top fun!  Each of us even won some money.  Now I'm hooked.  Even have my shoes picked out for next year and will plan the rest around them. 

 


Something new also happened to me in May that HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.  I had 2 whole days where I could not stand to be with myself.   Of course it started on a Monday morning (or maybe Sunday night) but no matter what I did I could not snap out of it.  

I talked to myself all day 

ME: "hey you, you are a rockstar"  then I'd sing to myself

ME: "hey you, shut it.  You can't sing and are making me crabby".

ME: "hey you, look how good you look "

ME: "OMG is that asparagus in my front teeth ALL DAY"

ME:  "Let's have some strong coffee"

ME:  (grabbing towel from spilling all said coffee down my shirt)


 


As I am writing this, our Relay for Life golf team is trying to find shirts to wear for an upcoming tournament.  Have you ever tried to find something to make 4 women all happy at the same time??  We are all different heights, sizes, and coloring.  Makes it interesting.  (Sorry team…  it was to funny not to share)

*need sleeves, I don't want my wings flapping in the wind or when I swing at the ball.

*no t-shirt, I look awful in a t-shirt and it is not flattering at all.

*no collar, it's to restricting when I try to swing.

*no sleeves, I don't want a wonky tan line from being outside in the sun.

*no black, it's too hot.

*no white, I would most definitely spill a jello shot on it and ruin it.

*no 'made in China', they do not carry an XXXXXXXL in that style and that's what I need in their sizes.

I am going to vote for multi colored sports bra's with built in cup holders and a matching ankle length sarong that floats in the wind and keeps me cool.     Pictures to follow.


 

Since the weather is getting nice and I can now see how HORRIFIC my landscaping and yard looks, I decided to call a landscaper.  As some of you know, I do not have a green thumb.  Pretty successful keeping my metal yard ornaments alive in a good year.  No promises though.

So the young lad shows up at our house and is looking at the disaster I call my front yard.  Rocks are everywhere, shrubs are mostly dead, day lilies are overgrown from last year and half dead, one whole side has nothing (in my defense that's the south side and nothing grows there.)   I tell him I want "VERY LOW MAINTENANCE" and I could sense him trying so hard to not say DUH!!    You know it's bad when the plant expert suggests rocks and boulders to "modernize" it because he is 98% sure you cannot kill a rock.  Challenge accepted.



Still haven't gotten the RV out on the road.  I will tell you I am having a blast buying things for it though.  Since we don't have the license yet, we have been hanging out in our driveway, in the motorhome like glampers!!  Not just getting it ready either.  We have actually invited people over and made them sit in it with us.  And the more time I spend there, the more things I think it needs.  We had delivery trucks at our house every day for a week.  Our inaugural voyage will be a music fest in northern MN in June.   Trying to find a place now for my cowboy boots and pink cowboy hat!!!! 

 


More adventure awaits!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins