Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins






As I told you in March after my exciting travels to St. Louis, I again got to do some traveling in April.  

Scott and I got the opportunity to go to Los Cabos and stay at the Hilton Golf and Beach Resort.  Not going to lie, it was a tough week.   

I was nervous about going thinking Scott would get bored easily…..   I was totally wrong.  We were up everyday at 6:30 to get to go and save our chairs by the pool/hot tub/swim up bar.  Then off to breakfast and back to our chairs for my morning “juice”.  My favorite flavors were either strawberry or banana with a tinge of rum.   

We met some amazing new friends and one of them showed Scott how to locate the whales that were migrating.  SOOOO, while I sat in my chair sipping my juice and reading, Scott became the “WHALE WHISPERER”.   Kids were all over that.  And adults too.  He would stand in the infinity pool and point to the water.  Not sure there were whales or not but he swears they were out there and his “followers” found them too.  



My new BFF of the week was a 35 year old dolphin that I call Myrtle because I can’t pronounce her name.  She was amazing and I got to swim with her and get a kiss on the cheek and the lips.  Definitely a highlight.



When we first get there, we are given life jackets and since they don’t want them to creep up on your while you are in the water, mine was sized for a 6 year old boy.  My ‘girls’ actually groaned when the gal handed it to me.  By the time I am in the jacket and the instructor has ‘tightened’ it up, my girls are pushed up to my chin and look like one bit uni - boob coming out the top.  Not to mention the back, underarm and side “PARTS” that are sticking out of every opening on the jacket.   It was a sight for sure.



But as many of you may not realize, I can sometimes be a tad bit high maintenance.  In a good way of course.   So we get in the water and my mind is going…. Oh crap,  what if I lose a fingernail, what if a toe nail goes flying when I’m racing around holding her fins and gawd…. WHAT IF I LOSE AN EYE LASH?    Ugh….  The stress.   But you can breath easy.  None of that happened.

The week was amazing and now time to go home.  Naturally we had delays leaving Mexico, delays at immigration, delays at TSA and we missed our flight by 5 minutes.  I won’t go into the rest since it wasn’t my finest moment but let’s just say I may be banned from a major airline for awhile.

🥸🥸🥸



Had a girls weekend at a VRBO the weekend after we got back.  Really fun, really loud, and perfect catching up.  I am pretty sure someone on the outside looking in would have had us committed but we get each other.  Especially our bartender at one of the watering holes we stopped at.  He asked me the name on our tab and I really had to think.  I told him we had all been divorced so many time I couldn’t remember what last name anyone had anymore.   He found that pretty humorous (or maybe thought I had the onset of dementia.)  We are now definitely those cute old ladies we used to admire out having fun. I even stayed up both nights past 10!!!  Huge accomplishment for me.



THEN…. We went to stay at the girls’ house to dog, cat and turtle sit the next weekend.  (YES….. I NEED A WEEKEND HOME!!!).  It was so fun since it’s my old stomping ground.  We had friends over Friday night, had my parents over Saturday to help with projects and then met some friends uptown.  I don’t think the girls were very impressed when they got home late Saturday night and we were having a party, dancing, singing and drinking beer!  Payback is a bitch.  Pretty sure this has happened at my house in reverse.   Lol

As I’m writing this, I am sitting in the Chicago airport (on a different airline) after attending an amazing conference.  Met up with 3 other gals that hardly knew each other and off we went.  Huge place and tons of walking.  But I learned a ton, got to do a lot of people watching, made a new BFF at the Navy Pier for the night (my bartender) and had to repack my suitcase 3 times to get all the “swag” in that I really don’t need.    Moral of the story…..  Live Life, Meet New People, and grab on the experience.   




May is another jam packed month AND I get to work on decorating my new mini home.  Can’t wait to share those adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??