What has happened to me?????

 




Has this been the longest winter EVER?  I am pretty sure it has.  Don’t get me wrong, I am all for baggy sweaters and sweatshirts to cover things up but I running out of idea’s of what to put together.

Have you ever noticed how some girls look so damn cute in flannel?  I see my friends and others around wearing the CUTEST flannel’s and think “Jodi.  (That’s what I call myself on a good day).  You need to get you some and look cute like they do.”  Ya right!!  I bought a flannel and it even has PINK in it.  I put it on and I look like a displaced hooker from the mountains.  





AND SWEAT!!  Holy hell.  Menopause and flannel DO NOT MIX!!  It’s 10 below out and we head to Fargo.  My courteous husband turns on the seat heat in the pick-up so we can be toasty.  All fun and nice to get into a warm vehicle but 15 minutes later I can’t get out of my coat and flannel fast enough.  Good thing the windows were fogged up.  I was as close to naked as you can be on the interstate without being arrested.  



And the same weekend, (did I mention the frigid tundra we are in???) we are dog sitting for Chels and Angel.   Great fun until the smoke detector starts beeping every once in awhile and Bailey did not like that at all.  As she is freaking out and I am searching for a ladder and a battery, it gets worse.   Finally Scott and I moved the kitchen table under the vaulted ceiling so he could stand on it and fix the noise.


In the meantime, I had to put Bailey outside to help her relax.  (Did I mention the subzero terrain??). SOOOOO.    She goes out and is as far away from the patio as you can be without jumping the fence AND her paws freeze up.  Poor thing.   I am standing in the doorway yelling and coaxing her to come in (in my PAJAMAS mind you).  She will not budge and I am panicking and the beeping is going on and I am barefoot and it’s freezing and I’m hungry and I need coffee……

I run downstairs, grab a pair of boots and run to the patio.  The boots are definitely not Chelsey’s and I can’t get them on all the way.   Since Bailey was freezing, I slipped the tops of them on and ran down the steps (running is a huge exaggeration).  Mind you, I look like a duck with the boots half on, half off.  I get to Bailey and she won’t move so I am half dragging, half carrying her (all 65 pounds) and I lose a boot.  So I keep going with one bare foot, get her up the stairs and in the house.  I run back out, grab the boot and come in.  HOLY HELL!!  All I could do was hold myself up at the counter until I quit panting.  All the while Scott is still on the table and thankfully missed it all.  I just hope all the neighbors missed it too.  

Sometimes I think I need excitement in my life and then things like that happen.  



We also made a purchase last weekend.  We bought a small Motorhome!!   Been talking about it for 3 years and Scott finally said we had to pull the plug or stop talking about it.  So much for daydreaming.

I honestly thought we would buy one and drive away.  OH NO!!!!  You have to go back at a separate date and take a 3 HOURS COURSE on RVing.  I guess because we are newbies.  3 HOURS!!!  You do know I will forget everything except how to decorate it before we even leave the lot.

Can’t wait to share those adventures with you all!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??