New Year New Me in 2023

Hope everyone survived the holiday’s.  

Started the holiday season with colonoscopy.  Now who doesn’t enjoy that as a Christmas gift??  I kept hearing the prep work isn’t at all what it used to be.  It’s a piece of cake.  No discomfort at all.   LIARS!!  Every single one of you are liars.


My appointment was for a Monday morning so I got to enjoy a Sunday of flushing out.  I won’t be disgusting but by prime time that evening, I had to stand up to watch tv.  I could not sit down.  On a positive note I killed it on my Fitbit!!  Pacing the floor and running to the bathroom.  

Then I get to the hospital and the Dr walks in.  HE IS 12 YEARS OLD IF A DAY!!  And he looks at me and says “you look familiar, have we met?”  Um. No.  After we chatted for a bit, (and he gives me a heads up of the gory details of the procedure) it ends up he knows my daughter and her girlfriend as does his wife.   A little up close and personal.  Aren’t all Dr’s supposed to be older than us???  


And true to my blog last month, I started at the gym again.  Had to take a couple months off for health reasons so was pretty sure I would die a slow death the first week.  Yep.  I called that one!!


First I had to dust off my gym bag and clean it out.  Then I had to find my sports bras’ and my leggings that suck in everything to hide the chunk and sag.  I wanted to make sure I wasn’t jiggling around when I went to show off my stuff to the gals.   And show off I did.    Have a new trainer (4th or 5th since I’ve started if that tells you anything) and I am sure she was very impressed!!

The part I forgot about was after the work out.  You sweat all the way home.  Try to cool off by rolling in a snow bank, taking a cold shower, or standing in front of the fridge naked.   And since I am 50+, I sweat without even moving.    



And just getting out of my work out garb makes me sweat more.  The sports bra is fused to my body, I work to get it unstuck, the girls are trying to break free and BAM!!!  They fall out like 2 big water balloons plunging off a high rise balcony!   I’m just glad my menopause mushroom stops them before they hit the counter.


But here we go…  I am committed now OR maybe I should be committed.   

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Tis That Time of Year