I see you 22!!! BRING IT!!






Anyone else ready for a new year??  I sure am.  

I started this blog almost 2 years ago when Covid started. 

SO……  Covid is still here

                I’m still going through hot flashes

                No amount of burpees are going to get rid of my                     

                               menopause mushroom

               

With that, here is my 2022 planner and my mantra……..



These last few months have been a whirlwind of randomness.  

In September, my daughter and I took a girls trip to South Padre Island in Texas. 



We rented a car - which I actually got through AARP because yes, I am fifty PLUS!!  

Laugh all you want but I got a discount and was feeling pretty proud until we walked out to the lot with our larger than most luggage, our carry ons, my purse AND saw we had to fit into a Toyota clown car - I mean a Volkswagen Jetta.   

Every time I got in the car I had to plop down quickly so my knees didn’t buckle and my ankles didn’t crackle.  Not to mention the moaning and groaning it took for me to get out of the vehicle since we were practically sitting on the ground.  It was a good thing we could do most things at our resort.

In true Midwest fashion, everyone at the resort was calling us NORTH DAKOTA AND MINNESOTA by the time we ordered our second beer in the bar.  And those were the names that stuck for the entire duration.   Not saying that we were chatty or anything.  We just like to meet new people.



Not sure if you are aware, but Texan is HOT in September.  I was a trooper though and went with the flow.  Didn’t complain much…. MUCH!   

Not even when I had to have my menopause mushroom surgically removed and lifted from my lap because they fused together.  

Or when I had to go to CVS for salve to go under ‘the girls’ so they wouldn’t stick when I had my bathing suit on.  

And not even when we walked around and I had to pretend I was bull legged in my dress so my thighs didn’t leave a trail of sweat from rubbing together.  

Nope.   Didn’t complain at all.



This was our first mother/daughter trip for that many days and I will honestly say it was amazing!!  

Can’t wait to do it again.


                         


                               



Fall also brought us a new activity.  
Geriatric Party Buses!!  
You know the kind.  
Leave early, home early. 
Nothing better than a bunch of “mature” people on a bus trying to figure out how to play music from the thing on the wall that doesn’t fit a CD or a cassette.  Hell.  It doesn’t even need a cord.   
And the looks you get when you all file off the bus at a random bar.  Classic music blaring,  20 passengers rushing out the door, 5 of them at the bar getting drinks and the rest in line at the bathroom.   AND not  one of us gets carded to see if we are legal.
   Our next bus is New Years Day and leaves at 10:30am.




BRING ON 2022!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins