I sure seem to struggle lately taking time to write this.  It's not that I don't have time (just ask my recliner).  My goal is to now do it monthly and recap how my month went.

 


  

We started the month by setting up an ADULT kool aid stand at a benefit golf tournament.  A young gal in town has breast cancer and we decided to have dixie cups of "adult" drinks for a donation.  (again….   Can you say BEES!!!)   It was a great time with our second family.  I will say people in our community are so generous.  I will also say that the Kool Aid WAS YUMMY!!!!   So yummy in fact that I think I had to go to bed very early.   So yummy that I may have dumped several coolers from the 2 wheel cart trying to get them to the car.  So yummy that I probably won't have any again until next year.  So yummy you wake up the next day and remember all the conversations you had – slap your head – and thank your lucky stars that you left your phone in a bag so you couldn't go on social media!  You know what I'm talking about!   Duct tape anyone???? 

 


 

The hubby and I also took a trip to Florida (before the awful hurricane) with friends.   These are the friends we tend to invite ourselves to go visit whenever we want.  We didn't invite ourselves to Florida though.  We may hint a lot but would never do that.  😊   Of course it was hot and humid the whole time we were there and you know how much I love that.  Chubby girls do not belong in the south until December.  But I prepared myself mentally and charged up my purse fan.  

  

Our first full day, I woke up and couldn't walk.  My back was completely out.   Had to send the men to CVS for Aleve and Bio Freeze.  We went to our first beach and had to walk 800 miles from our parking spot to the beach.  Not only couldn't I stand straight, I got bit by something and my finger was oozy, bloody and gross.  So back to CVS to get ointment and bandages.  (after walking 800 miles back to our vehicle.)   Pretty sure they wanted to tie bubble wrap around me at this point.  


 


 

Our condo was of course on the top floor so had to walk the steps up and down every time we went out.  Great exercise if you aren't in pain.  On the plus side, I never had to carry a cooler or anything.   The week was exactly what we expected.  Relaxing, fun, fattening, and tipsy.  We kept cool by standing up to our chests in water with a beverage in our hands every day.  You know your having fun when you have to rotate stores so you aren't buying beer everyday from the same people.  

 

Spent 3 days in St. Louis for a Diversity Conference that was amazing.  Many of you know how much I struggle in life generally and traveling alone is no exception.  

I am used to having Scott with me to make sure I don't lose something, drop something, grab a strange man's hand (true story – actually happened…  he was tall so thought it was my husband.)  

 


Not realizing that the planes from here to St Louis are basically small, I get the middle seat and can hardly get the seat belt around me.  EXCUSE ME…  WHERE IS MY TV SCREEN?  WHERE IS MY PILLOW?  WHERE DO I PUT MY LEGS?   So as per normal I am getting situated having a great old conversation with myself and the guy by the window is looking at me like WTH did I get myself into.  I finally get my bags, my water bottle, my laptop, my book, my phone, and my purse where they need to be and buckle in.  I look at him and smile and he looks frightened.  I figure he must be scared of flying so I leave him be and continue my own conversation.   I also generally sleep on planes but not this time.  I was afraid one of my seat mates might object to me putting my head on their shoulder and drooling.  You just never know these days.

 

I get to my hotel and it's gorgeous and of course I have overpacked for my 3 days AND one of the wheels on my suitcase isn't working.  My room – no lie- is in the farthest corner on floor 9 that you can get from the elevator.  Room 901.   But it was all worth it!! 


 

 

Also got a different vehicle this month.  Been waiting awhile and finally bit the bullet.  It's been a month and I still am not sure how to work it.  The reverse is backwards, the camera comes on when I don't expect it, and I don't know how to change the radio station.   I am learning as I go though. Which in itself is a bad thing if you've ever seen me drive.   Now I know why people need all the bells and whistles.  To warn you when you are about to hit something because you are looking at the screens when you are driving and should be looking out the window.    It even has a light on the dash of a person that pops up if a person is close to your car. (please don't ask how I know this 😝)   Or flashes if a car is close.  (again, don’t ask) 


 


 
I found out if you get close to something while backing up, the seat vibrates.  If you see me repeatedly backing close to something,  leave me be.  😅   .  Who knew?????????????

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

What has happened to me?????