Summer of 2021






 It’s the end of August.  Holy hell.  I am not going to lie.  I am ready for fall.  There is nothing a vertically and weight challenged girl hates more than to sweat CONSTANTLY!!!  So done with it.


WELLLLLL……..Had a family vacation in July.  And by family I mean FAMILY!!!   Parents, siblings, in laws, out laws, big kids, little kids.  ALL OF THEM!!!   We rented a house on Ottertail River.  ( see story from last June and Chelsey’s weekend. Same house).   It was a great getaway.  Some stayed the weekend and some the whole week.  




I got roped in to joining the “Fischer Flop” bean bag tournament.  They needed one more person.  Now you have to remember when it comes to anything sports related that takes coordination or aim or talent, I am usually the last one picked and my family actually stands around with fingers crossed that we have odd numbers so I can be a spectator.  Well, my poor niece ended up with me on her team.  We lost right away (no shock there) but gave it a valiant effort.  I plan to spend this winter practicing so I can win the whole thing next year.    




The water on the river was perfect if you were 3 feet tall.  I didn’t have to worry about floating away from anyone that’s for sure.  Hop on the floaty, ass sinks to the ground.  Fall off the floaty, ass full of sand.  Need to go pee, good luck - you weren’t doing that without everyone knowing what you were doing!!!!  I know this will surprise no one that we still acted stupid, laughed and had a great time.



I did learn (several times I might add) that even though the bathroom door is shut, LOCK IT!!!   Not sure why I am such a slow learner.  I can’t even tell you who all walked in on my in the bathroom!   Or how many times I was told to LOCK THE DOOR FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!    So not only will I be practicing bean bags this winter, I am going to practice locking bathroom doors everywhere I go.  (Be prepared for a story on how I had to climb under a stall or out a window or call the fire department to get out.)




We decided to book the house for next year again.  
My goals by then??? 
Learn how to play bean bags, 
work out a bit so the ‘ass’ that hits the sand doesn’t make such a big indent, 
learn to lock a door (and how to get out), 
whatever food you think you need - cut it in half for vacation, 
and 
save $10 weekly so I can afford to go to Zorbaz for 
pizza and 2 beers!!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins