I can’t believe it’s been over a month since I’ve put anything on my blog.  Every spring I think, it’s going to be a relaxing summer...  we hardly have anything going on and BAM!!!  All of a sudden every weekend is full.  I guess that’s not a horrible thing.  



Had my annual girls fishing trip in June.  Always a fun adventure and we added another gal this year.   We went a day earlier than normal so we could have a day to hang out and maybe do some bar hopping.  Pretty sure none of the places we went to were quite ready for us 😝.   We sure got some strange looks.  This was our last year at Lake of the Woods and I cannot say I am one bit sad.  We got up Friday early to go fishing and the weather was beautiful AT THE RESORT!!  Got on our boat (after the captain had to mention that we added 300 extra pounds with just our coolers....  guess men go out to fish, not drink.). So that started us out thinking WOW - we get to spend the whole day with this clown.  We all sit down and he says “be prepared, you are in for a gnarly ride.”  Hmm.  Wish I would have gotten off the and there.  Pretty sure I could have hung out in the resort all day.   We get going and it’s windy, it’s cold and the water is going over the top of the boat.  Imagine a cheesy old movie where they stand on the side and throw buckets of water on people and pretend it’s a storm.  That’s what it was like.  We were soaked.  Took us 2 hours to get out to a spot to start fishing.  In the meantime the voices in my head are saying WTF am I doing??  Why am I here??  Can’t a person buy fish at a market??  I was hoping we would limit out by noon.  No such luck.  Took us all day.  I will admit I sat on the bench with my line in the water and just begged for fish to jump in the boat.  (Had to sit because you couldn’t stand up it was so wavy.)   I will not miss the fishing at all and since we plan to still go somewhere next summer as a group, all is well.  Hope it’s a spa with plenty of boutiques.  🤓







Also got to meet up with the bowling bags for a night.  In all honesty, we are now just the bags!!  No bowling happening!  I remember when they voted me in to join the team (it’s a pretty elite group 🙃🥸). We used to sit at the bowling alley for hours after we were done.  We were the table that was always shushed for being to loud during bingo!!  Have you ever seen those serious bingo players??  Holy cow!~. Scary people.  We also used to stay until they pretty much closed the bar.  Oh the good ole days!!   So now we go at 5pm and we still entertain the other patrons only they are playing poker and we aren’t gossiping about anyone or anything.   Our conversation starts out talking about the best time to apply for Medicare!!!!!!   (Granted our ages range from 49 to 69).  Then we talk about more things and end up on how to buy deodorant for your “huha” and what the best kind is and when did we start being smelly??  Needless to say, the men around us learned a lot.  Oh yeah, and we were home by 8.  😂😂





Then I had a night out in Fargo/Moorhead.  Chels and Scott went to a concert at the fair and Lys (her roommate) and I went out.  After we left them in WF, we took an Uber to downtown Fargo and my old stomping grounds.  Rooter’s Bar!!!!  Felt like I was in my 20’s again.  The place hasn’t changed a bit.  And the ROOT BEER I ordered was DELISH!!!  So good it tasted like another.  😎   But when we were leaving was when I realized my true age.   I ordered us an Uber... Yes me!!  All by myself with the app I have on MY phone.  We were standing outside waiting for Gunther to pick us up and 3 guys walked behind us and stopped at the door to Rooter’s.  One of them says “so what do you think of her”...  (showing him his phone) and the other guy says OMG - Don’t touch her.  Swipe Swipe Swipe!  That’s Vanessa and she’s psycho.  And he says, but I’ve been chatting with her and she’s hot.  And his friend says, well tell her hi from Andrew and that she’s a psycho 🥸.  So the first swipes and says  “okay how about her?”   😳😳   WOW!!   Things have changed I guess.  I couldn’t wait for Gunther so I could laugh 😂.   





So all in all, I am showing my age this summer.  It’s hot, it’s muggy, I hate going outside.  Need deodorant in places I’ve never needed before and I am good not closing down the bar.  






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins