Struggle is my middle name








 To say the last month has been interesting would be an understatement.  After the past year plus of blogging most of you know that I struggle daily with things and it’s a good thing I can laugh at myself.  It’s also good that my husband loves me unconditionally since he has to put up with me more than anyone.     But I will say this thing I call life is fun and an adventure.

Still working out and still loving it (even if I complain when I am doing it.). Our morning crew is the best. I know I have filled you in on my misadventures at the gym in the past but these 2 may be the highlight of the year.

First I started a Thursday morning off by dropping a 45lb weight on my foot.  Yep.  Only me.   In my defense, there was a conversation at another station I was missing and pretty sure I needed to be involved in.   So the back story....  this is the same foot I have had surgery on for tearing a tendon on a treadmill, dropped a 2 x 4 on it when our basement was flooding and had a toe nail removed because of pain (TMI maybe???).  But on the plus side - the cement snowman fell on the other foot in January.   Anywho....   Bruised it pretty good, took some pics to send my friends and family for sympathy, iced it down and good to go.  

The next week I was trying to balance on a circle ball thingy to do rope slams.  I did mention to everyone within ear shot that I would hurt myself for sure.  Well.....  fell right off but put my hands up and fell on my rear end.  All good.  Until my trainer said “good thing you fell on the squishy part”....   hmmmmmmm   good thing I like him - I could crush him.... lol





In true Fischer fashion we spent a Saturday cemetery hopping and cleaning and putting flowers out.  Some (probably most) people would think this is a chore but not in my family.  We start the day meeting at my parents, throw whoever is going into a vehicle with the coolers and snacks in the back and head out.  We make sure to visit everyone we know and some we don’t.  Some relatives require us to have a drink, so we do. (Okay.   They all do.).  I can honestly say it’s one of the most fun and memory making days we have.  This year it was my mom, one of my sisters, Chels and my niece Samantha.  Other than the missing keys all went well.  (That’s for another day)  Missed Lori and Kaci Jo but we plan to do it this summer yet.  It usually takes a good 5 hours to hit all 3 so definitely need to plan.






To finish up the month, my foot just wasn’t healing.  I could walk and do pretty much everything but if anything touched the top of my foot I would go through the ceiling (and since you all know how graceful I am you also know that anything I dropped or ran into was with my left foot).  I finally went in.  AND now it is 101 degrees and I am wearing a boot for 2 weeks so I DO NOT BEND MY TOES!!!  Seriously???  Guess my next purchase will be steal toed work out shoes!!

                                                    



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins

Where the F^*@ did summer go??