Vacation AARP Style





 I know.  Vacation is currently a 4 letter word in our lives but yes.  I did go on a vacation.   I think I mentioned the “$39” tickets a couple of months ago.  Well after many questions and checking things out we decided to go for it and boarded a plane to Nashville.  Then we UNboarded a plane to Nashville.  Guess we needed some new parts and there was not a mechanic to be found anywhere in the Fargo/Moorhead area.  And since Scott did not pack his duct tape (which we all know fixes everything) we got off the plane and everyone took off on a dead run to the bar in the airport.  

We finally took off and since I am not a quitter I had to purchase a few beverages on the way.  What the hell.   I was on vacation.  We got to Nashville, got our luggage and all was good.  UNTIL I needed to get us an Uber.  Mind you.  I have ridden in UBER’S (is that what they are called??) before but pretty sure I have never had to summons one.  Scott and I are on the app, going to every door trying to figure out what we need to do and what we need to tell our driver.  Not sure if you’ve seen the Progressive commercial where they are training you to NOT BE YOUR PARENTS??   We were that couple.  😫😫. Who knew that airports have a ‘special’ place for Uber to pick you up??  NOT ME!!!!  But I do now.






Our home away from home for the week was tucked away between some other buildings and the doorway was hidden but we found it and got ourselves to the loft.  By this time I am shaking I am so hungry (or maybe I was thirsty) so we decide to try the lounge in the basement.  Hmmmmm.   That’s all I will say.  We got a quick sandwich that was spinning on a wheel of some sort and had a beer and left.  The door to leave was a dark alley.  LET THE FUN BEGIN!!!😳😳😳

The next morning we are in need of food desperately so we walk until we find a breakfast place.  Got seated at the counter and the waitress asks if we are ready to order.  WHAT?  I haven’t even seen a menu.  Well.  Excuse me but I guess you are suppose to now scan some bar code or something and the menu comes up on your phone.  Hello????  Really??  So I try approximately 4 times to do this and we can’t figure it out so she brings us an actual menu.  Everyone is staring at us like we have 3 heads.  Boy do I have a lot to learn.🍽🧂🥓🍞

I did teach Scott something that maybe most men don’t know.  (I really thought it was a given.). There is a difference between “sightseeing” clothes and “going out” clothes.  Again, no brainer for a gal.  We had been sightseeing all day and stopped at an establishment for beverages and music.  After a couple hours I told him I needed to go change into my going out clothes.  After he got done laughing at me, he got up and walked with me.  The bouncer was very nice about letting us back in and I know it was because I was dressed for some fun!!!!!😎😎



Nashville did not disappoint.  Met some wonderful people, heard amazing music, saw all sorts, and got to just plain chill.  Can’t wait to go again!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

What has happened to me?????