New Year!  New me!!  At least that is what I tell myself. 

9am New Years Day...  Spending the day with my family for our annual Christmas.  My job is to make the beer cheese soup.  My ADHD kicks in high gear as I start melting butter on the stove. BAM...  I need a fun headband to match my ugly sweater for today.  Run downstairs quick to grab one.  Out of no where, a brick snowman jumps out and lands on my foot.  Worst pain ever.  I am doing the whole dramatic hand on the forehead, lay on the ground, scream, cry, hyperventilate...  You get the picture.  Then I remembered my soup and the stove.  I hobble upstairs and wrapped my toes.  So there I stood in the kitchen with my foot bleeding into an ice bag trying not to burn the stuff on the stove.  And sleeping beauty didn’t hear a thing until I went to wake him up to go.





Christmas gathering’s are always interesting with my family.  We’ve done white elephant gifts, thrift store gifts, convenience store gifts, ugly pajama gifts....  It’s hard to top year after year but plenty of laughs no matter what.  You haven’t lived until you get “dinner for two” from a convenience store.  2 hot dogs, 2 bags of chips, and 2 cokes in a brown paper bag.  Tough one to put under the tree especially if you have dogs.   Or the sight of your dad with a pink lace bra on that he got as a gift.  (Can you say therapy!!!!)



I will never forget the year all the ‘kids’ decided to hold a beer pong tournament.  Well, I am no athlete that’s for sure but come on.  Beer pong???  Who can’t do that?  My daughter graciously picked me as her partner and we were set to go.  All I will say is, I will NEVER get picked again for a team.  Anyone on the opposing team had to put on a helmet and glasses because you never knew where the ping pong ball was going.  I know my dad was cringing when it was my turn because he was afraid of what I would break in the garage.  The next year when they were setting up I bowed out due to uneven numbers.  You should have seen the relief on everyone’s faces.   Guess I should have known since no one picks me for bean bags either.  Or frisbee golf, or basically anything you need coordination and aim to do.  


This year we are doing Christmas in July.  We rented a VRBO at the lake and we are all staying for a week.  That’s a lot of family time.  My thoughts for gifts this year is ugly bathing suits or beach wear.  Could be interesting.  AND I can’t wait to see who gets me as a partner for family olympics.  Upside down Kayak anyone?????



Stay tuned for “Adventure’s in Nashville” Coming Soon!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins

Where the F^*@ did summer go??