So. Is wearing a mask our new normal??

 


As I get ready to go to the Dr for an appointment I find myself searching for the mask that will match what I am wearing.  REALLY??  I guess that shouldn’t surprise those of you that know me at all.  👸🏼👸🏼

I also ate breakfast before I left and normally would check my teeth and make sure my lipstick is spot on BUT I find myself in the kitchen thinking - WHY?  What does it matter if my lipstick is only on part of my lip?  What does it matter if I have bagel crumbs in my teeth?  NO ONE IS GOING TO SEE ME!!!!  Now don’t get me wrong, my eyes and eye brows are spot on.  But the rest....  whatever?👀💋

Found the right mask for the job and headed down the road.  Did the norm when I got to the clinic.  Mask on, sunglasses off, temperature taken, 20 questions answered, gold star sticker telling me I am good to go.  🎖🎖

Since I drank a larger than average coffee on the way, I have to stop at the ladies litter box quick before seeing the Dr.  Here is where I notice that if you just slap on a mask any which way, it pushes up your skin and makes the bags under your eyes look like decorative pillows on your bed.  HMMMM   Now rather than check my lipstick before going anywhere, I have to check my bags!!!!  Didn’t know you could get push up masks to match your push up bras...  That’ll be the new honeymoon attire.  Matching lingerie that includes push up bra, garter, underwear, slinky robe and a push up mask.   No morning breath to worry about.   

After all of this, I decide to make a run to my favorite 🙄🙄 discount chain store and get some things we need.  Back on with the mask because I really don’t get the point of wearing it in my vehicle when I am all by myself. 😷😷  People really do that you know!!  There is actually a security guard at the door making sure we are all clothed correctly.  Or at least making sure our faces are (the guy in baggy sweatpants bent over to look on the bottom shelf could have used a mask somewhere else - if you get my drift. 🤮🤮)   

Any who....  since I am over 50 and had a large coffee (previously mentioned) of course I need to use the rest room half way through my list.  Now I know you will all nod your heads and agree that a mask in a public bathroom - especially here - can sometimes be a godsend!!!  There are some smells that NEED to be kept out.  Just saying.

On the plus side, I had the most enjoyable of conversations with myself going through the store and no one is the wiser!!  Solved many problems!!! 🤡🤡🤡




Comments

  1. I can sure relate, thanks for the laughs and honesty.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins