Today’s letter is M




So, no matter what I tell myself about life one thing is for certain.  My mind may think I am still in my 20’s but my body wants to tell me otherwise.


This week was my annual check up with my doctor.  Pretty much at this age it’s an expensive way to get your prescriptions refilled.🩺🩺🩺 💊💊💊

Of course you prepare a whole day for this appointment.  Don’t eat, shave your legs, paint your toe nails (which was a feat in itself....can’t seem to reach them like I used to) 🥵🦶🥵🦶🥵🦶

My first stop when I get there is the scale - of course 🙄🙄🙄.  The scale is on the floor and looks like something from a meat locker that is used to weigh beef before it’s processed.  I was told it accommodates wheelchairs, not cows.  Who knew??? She makes me put my purse down and take off my shoes BECAUSE that will make a big difference.  Let’s just say..... 


So where do the M’s fit in?  Sounds like a day on Sesame Street doesn’t it?  AND TODAY’S LETTER IS MMMMMMMMMM.

I ask her about my weight gain and what is the cause since I am now working out and SOMETIMES watching what I eat.  And that’s when she cursed at me with these words:

*Menopause
*Middle Age
*Midriff
*Meal Plan aka DIET

Seriously.   Then to top it off I GOT to get a shingles shot and GOT to have a mammogram!!!  Oh ya...  And lab work.  

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥵🤬🤬

The best part is when they print out your “RESULT”.  Ms. Hendrickson, your blood pressure is great, your oxygen levels are perfect BUT.........


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins

Where the F^*@ did summer go??