Summer HOLY HELL!!!


I know most people do not agree with me but SUMMER IS HOT!! And not in a good way.  We just found out we will be opening soon for appointments only.  Great news but now I have to dress ‘normal’.  My yoga pants and baggy shirts are going to feel neglected (kind of like my couch when we were allowed to leave the house again.). 🛋🛋🧘‍♀️🧘‍♀️🥵🥵 

Soooo. I have been looking for items that will “hold in” some of the things that are no longer where they should be.  THANK you all who gave me suggestions for sports bra’s by the way.  I have a couple ordered and I am trying a new one out that I found.  It was very comical to watch Scott’s face as people stopped me at the grocery store and at the golf course with suggestions on the best bra’s to buy.  ðŸ¤ªðŸ¤ªðŸ¤ª.  Guess we all know who DOESN’T read my blog.  ðŸ¤¬ðŸ¤¬ðŸ¤”🤔🤔

Anywho...  Back to my ‘items’.   Found some great under garments (or big old underwear as we call them in these parts.).  Decided to try some different companies and here is what I found:

- If you order the size you think you wear, prepare not to breath that day.   They help hold things in and also make you not able to eat for the day so I think that’s part of the plan.  If you do eat, look out!!  No room for extra’s.   

- Wearing them golfing on a hot day is a whole other story.   They help make your golf outfit look better because your stomach isn’t riding in the cart next to you but using the restroom is an experience in itself.  Picture this,  you are already sweating profusely and have been waiting 6 holes and 4 beers to pee because “you don’t want to break the seal”.  So it is no longer optional.  You HAVE TO GO!!!  AND NOW!!!!  Well, these “panties” are up to your boobs and by now melted into your skin.  You are pushing and pulling in a small stall with no air conditioning and probably holding up every golfer behind you.  You finally get them down and wooooooo relief!!  All better UNTIL you try to pull them back up.  I actually broke a nail while wiggling my way into them.  When I left the restroom I was sweating so bad I looked like I just run a marathon.  On a positive note, I got an additional 500 steps on my Fitbit for the effort!!!!

- I ordered a pair of “shorts” to wear with long shirts.  In my mind, I looked so cute.  Got them in the mail, held them up, and had to look twice at the packaging.  They looked like they belonged to a 4 year old.   (Haven’t tried them on yet because I am afraid I will get stuck and need medical attention.)

- I have been wearing sneakers to work everyday to help keep the Kankle to a normal size (see previous blog about hosiery 🧦🧦🧦). So not only am I looking to get into my summer dresses, I need ‘normal’ shoes to wear again.   My feet hurt just thinking about it.  Remember the good old days when we could wear any shoes we wanted and they looked amazing and your corns didn’t scream at you all day long.......  those were the times!!! 👠👠👠👡👢👢👢

So, I guess my “new normal” may be potato sacks with a dressy belt made of garden hose,  geriatric socks to my knees that are a wonderful taupe color, and moon boots to match!!  How is that for a picture?  Actually sounds very comfy to me!!!!

Happy Heat Stroke ALL!!  I mean, Happy 4th of July ALL!!!!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins