GIRLS WEEKEND!!!!







Girls weekend is always fun especially when someone else plans it.  One of Chelsey’s besties planned a getaway this weekend and invited me and my girlfriends as well.  I am not going to lie, not sure why they wanted us old farts there but pretty sure it was for the entertainment factor.

Getting ready for a weekend isn’t as easy as it used to be.  Not that I have ever been accused of being a light packer but as you get older you sure need more.  (Compression socks, arm braces, bite guard, eye mask, extra underwear......).  By the time the vehicle is loaded, I am a sweaty mess and need a nap.

The rental place was `gorgeous and since I am Chelsey’s mom I HAVE to share the master suite with her.  Bummer.  πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ. It sure was a hardship to have my own private room with a deck and bath suite.

The weather didn’t fully cooperate but that didn’t hold us back one bit.  Here is what I learned over the weekend:

-  I learned that playing “cups” is actually a thing AND you need to have coordination.  Not that anyone asked me to be on their team.  Pretty sure Chelsey told them about the Christmas she chose me to be her “beer pong” partner.  Let’s just say, I am the last one she will ever pick as a partner again and my nephew will wear eye protection and a helmet next time. πŸ™„πŸ™„

-  No matter what age you are, 80’s music will always be the go too.  We had from age 16 to age 63 and not one person complained about the music (okay... one little complaint about *NSYNC but that’s here nor there.)

-  When someone asks if you’ve been there a full week (instead of a day and a half) because of the amount of aluminum cans, you are doing it right!!!  πŸΎπŸ·πŸ₯‚πŸ»πŸΊ

-  As much as I still want to learn how to Kayak, putting my bum in the bottom of that thing and actually using the oars doesn’t look easy.  And as coordinated as I am (NOT), it could be entertaining.  (Guess it’s a plus the weather wouldn’t allow me to do it). That’s for another time. 🚣‍♂️🚣

-  No matter how good we think we sound, no one can carry a tune at midnight after a full day of Mimosa’s and other types of “juices”.   It’s actually kind of painful to listen to and now I know why my dad doesn’t want to get hearing aids.  πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±πŸ˜±

-  But best of all, I learned that not only do I have the best friends in the whole wide world, my daughter does as well.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Beach Whales and Adorable Dolphins