Sure is hard to keep myself entertained through all of this social distancing.  For years now I have kept a planner and every night I write what happened during the day and stuff that we did.  The last weeks have been:

Went to work.  Made calls.  Went home.  Cooked supper.  Sat on the couch.  

Some nights are fun because I can say “Had Happy Hour Zoom with friends.”  Then sat on the couch.

Then there are those times I do something fun like laundry or vacuum.  YAHOO!!!!  Then safe on the couch.

This week I decided I needed to clean my house.  Really clean.  I am not to proud to say I have a cleaning lady normally.  And the reason I have one is MY HUSBAND!!   He told me a couple years ago that we didn’t need a cleaning lady.  HE WOULD HELP ME CLEAN!!!  Ya right!!  So one Sunday I am busting my bootie to get the house clean and (get this) as he is laying in his recliner he actually says:  “Can you please not vacuum until the race (NASCAR) is over?  I can’t hear over the noise.”  SERIOUSLY?????  I put the vacuum away and hired a cleaner.😱😱😱😱😱

Soooo.  With all of this going on I decided I couldn’t wait any longer and went to town.  I will tell you it was hard work.  I moved furniture, I moved rugs, I moved everything and cleaned.  I literally had sweat dropping on the floor.  It looked fabulous when I was done and as I cracked a cold beer (after a shower) I told Scott that there sure is a satisfaction knowing I did all that hard work BUT I really don’t need that satisfaction again for along time.  πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺπŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅

Another “fun” thing I did was take my daughters dog for a walk.  Sounds easy enough right??  AHUM..  Not quite.  This “puppy” is a rescue.  She is adorable and is part lab, part German Shepard, maybe part pit bull, and I think part greyhound.  So now you know.  Who took whom for a walk?  Started out okay walking down the road.  She gets pretty excited when she sees other dogs πŸ• so I was prepared for it.  UNTIL I was dumb enough to take her on the walking path past the dog park.  πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬πŸ€¬. She took off, I lost the leash, popped off 3 fingernails in the process and ran after her.  I won’t tell you what I am sure this all looked like to the other folks in the park.  I grabbed her and pulled her away as gracefully as I could πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅. Sweating profusely the whole time.
Still 5 blocks from home, I finally made it.  Needless to say we were both exhausted and panting.  
Thank goodness I had “Happy Hour” scheduled with a couple friends.  ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!!!!

Stay healthy all!!  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where the F^*@ did summer go??

Tis That Time of Year